Manager of Client Effectiveness
Rolling Meadows, IL
We are looking for a Client Services Professional who understands the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Industry, as well as trade promotions and distributor/retailer deductions.
Adesso’s software and services help Consumer Packaged Goods Manufacturers manage trade spending to make better business decisions and reduce deductions from distributors and retailers. There’s a huge need, and we are unique to the industry. Our software is a standard SaaS in the cloud solution, with multiple release upgrades each year, with a focus on growth in both the traditional retail segment, as well as the smaller Natural-Specialty market. A key difference is our proactive approach to our client’s success through value added services & training to lead clients through the Journey toward improved Trade Promotion Effectiveness (TPE).
Therefore, we are looking for a manager of client effectiveness who will act as the primary client liaison to manage the relationships with the existing client base. The ideal candidate will have experience in account management, trade management and/or sales, and have a proven track record for successfully achieving objectives. In addition, experience within the North American CPG industry is a requirement. You will need to understand the unique components and processes of dealing with trade promotion management and TPM software, in order to successfully drive Client Effectiveness in TPE by developing, setting & executing disciplined, progressive and profitable objectives by client for new client setups and ongoing release upgrades.
These client setups are based upon a well-defined process, however, each one is somewhat different based on their maturation in trade spending, tenure in the organization and other areas. Learning a complex trade system will be an initial and ongoing process.
Other facets of the position could involve client training and responding to functional support questions.
The successful candidate will be intelligent, logical, focused, hardworking, able to manage by objectives, and a sponge for knowledge. You will need to have significant focus on highly effective project management to ensure all setups result in evangelical clients for Adesso Solutions. You will also have a total command of technology, including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), and the ability to learn/utilize CRM (i.e. Salesforce.com) and other solutions. This is a must for this position.
We also need you to be driven and results oriented with excellent project management skills. Join us, and become a key part of our Client Effectiveness team!
Job Title: Manager of Client Effectiveness
Reports to: Director of Client Effectiveness
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL HQ Office
Adesso Solutions partners with North American small and midsized Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) companies to provide Trade Promotion Effectiveness (TPE) solutions through an industry-leading, standard Trade Promotion Management (TPM) system, unique supporting services, and an ongoing community approach. These systems and services continue to expand, based on industry changes and client input. Our solutions help manufacturers manage trade spending to make better business decisions and to improve the payment reconciliation process from retailers and distributors – a long-term industry issue. This represents a huge unmet need and growth area, and our approach is unique to the industry. We’re passionate about doing whatever it takes to drive our clients’ trade promotion improvements and successes over the short- and long-term. We are results-oriented, critical thinkers with a disciplined focus on achieving business objectives. We have experienced significant growth over the recent years in the SMB segment and our business plan expects this continued and expanded growth to continue and accelerate.
Adesso is also a small team, where everyone contributes to our clients (and ‘not yet’ clients’) success – this is not a corporation with an ability to hide. Training will be ‘on the job’ for the most part, so the expectation of a ‘roomful of manuals’ should not be expected.
However, a key focus and differentiator of Adesso is our ability to ‘help our clients relax. We work hard to make it fun – yes, that is a pink flamingo in the logo and the name of our core product. In addition, our product releases are named after beaches and our office has a unique flavor. As a result, virtually all of our clients are highly reference-able, and most are very vocal in supporting us. Hard work and focus goes a long way.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Manage by Objectives
- Execute overall Client Effectiveness plan to achieve assigned objectives & Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Develop objectives, strategies and plans for daily and weekly activities, to include owning execution of many of them, following up for approvals, and managing to completion by the due date.
- Manage multiple setup and upgrade projects simultaneously, including regular internal and client status updates in writing, as well as meetings, to ensure projects stay on-target, and to maximize client satisfaction.
Client & Prospective Client Interaction
- Interact with a broad set of constituents and demonstrate great presentation / communication skills, both over the phone and in person.
- Drive client references, including testimonials and case studies.
Technology & Systems
- Proactively keep status reports current, based on structured setup and migration processes.
- Minimum experience: 2-5 years in customer service, sales, trade marketing or project management roles within the CPG industry, with trade management experience preferred.
- Account management experience.
- Education: 4-year college degree preferred.
- Excellent project management skills and prior experience managing the details of multiple projects with demonstrated client satisfaction.
- Experience/business knowledge in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry, either with a CPG manufacturer, distributor, retailer or broker/sales agency.
- Travel: Regular travel to client locations, as well as occasional travel to company conferences, industry events, etc.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to develop & execute client level plans.
- Hard working, self-motivated, do-what-it-takes candidate that is organized, has great attention to detail, and a proven ability to work effectively and independently.
- Thorough understanding of the Consumer Packaged Goods industry, either from manufacturer or broker/sales agency perspective.
- Familiar with trade promotion management solutions, and with trade promotions and deductions from distributors and retailers.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality, with ability to interact professionally with clients.
- Quick learner with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly organized, with excellent oral & written communication skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook).
- High comfort level with technological aspect of virtual presentations.
- Competitive base salary and lucrative incentive plan based on company performance (everyone is on the same plan).
- Excellent Health Benefits (BCBS PPO), matching 401K, along with other core benefits.
- Other unique benefits.
- Rapid travel reimbursement, home office, and business related expenses are also provided.
How to Apply:
- Contact a Senior Executive at Adesso.
- Apply below
- Apply Now!
Please fill out the application and upload your resume below. We look forward to meeting you!
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FORM BELOW
* Required Field)
NEW JOB APPLICATION FROM ADESSOSOLUTIONS.COM