Sales Manager | Trade Promotion Effectiveness (TPE) | Midwest or Northeastern US
Reports to: President & CEO
Location: Midwest or Northeastern US
How to Apply: Apply by submitting the form below.
Adesso Solutions partners with US small and midsized CPG companies to provide Trade Promotion Effectiveness solutions through unique systems, services & an ongoing community approach. We’re passionate about doing whatever it takes to drive our clients’ trade promotion improvements & successes over the short- and long-term. We are results-oriented, critical thinkers with a disciplined focus on achieving business objectives.
2017 is a year of significant planned growth, and we are seeking a driven and results-oriented sales professional who understands the unique challenges CPG manufacturers face in tracking, managing and optimizing their trade spending. The successful candidate will also understand the processes related to effectively managing trade spending and be able to articulate to small & midsized CPG manufacturers the tangible and immediate benefits of Adesso’s truly unique Trade Promotion Effectiveness (TPE) solution. Join us and be a part of something great!
The Sales Manager will ultimately be responsible for building relationships with qualified prospects and advancing them through the sales process, leading to client acquisition and long-term contractual relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive new recurring revenue through new client acquisition.
- Develop a thorough understanding of each prospect, particularly of their chief concerns and pain points as pertains to trade spending.
- Understand and articulate:
- how the Adesso TPE Solution has addressed many of the common industry challenges
- the quantifiable benefits of the Adesso TPE Solution to the prospect organization
- The ability to penetrate into the senior management levels of the prospects’ sales & finance organizations.
- Build trust, leveraging Adesso’s reputation as Trade Promotions Experts.
- Prepare compelling and individualized sales presentations and assist with proposal development, progressing prospects through to client acquisition and long-term contractual relationships.
- Keep current on the sales support activities:
- Maintain accurate org charts at each prospect, as well as keep lead and prospect database current.
- Maintain up-to-date pipeline and won/lost reports.
- Work with the Marketing team, providing input into educational materials and other supporting collateral needed for effective sales campaigns.
- Minimum experience: 3 years CPG experience, to include detailed knowledge of trade spending practices; some direct experience preferred, either with a manufacturer, distributor, retailer or broker/sales agency
- Proven results orientation with direct achievement of sales targets, revenue targets & sales success
- Education: 4-year college degree required
- Travel: Must be willing to travel frequently to prospects, meetings, trade shows, etc. and to Adesso’s headquarters in Rolling Meadows, IL. 50%+
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- The ability to close new business opportunities.
- Hard working, self-motivated, do-what-it-takes candidate that is organized, has great attention to detail, and a proven ability to work effectively and independently from home office.
- Thorough understanding of the consumer packaged goods industry, either from manufacturer or broker/sales agency perspective.
- Familiar with trade promotion management solutions, or with trade promotions and deductions from distributors and retailers.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
- Excellent writing/proofing, as well as presentation development skills.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft office.
- Familiarity with SalesForce.com a plus.
- Competitive base salary and incentive plan based on performance.
- Health Benefits, vacation and 401k
- Travel reimbursement, home office, and business related expenses are also provided.