Marketing Associate | Rolling Meadows | IL
We are seeking a very driven, energetic and results-oriented entry-level (less than 2 years’ experience) marketing professional to join our Sales & Marketing Team. The selected candidate will need to possess or proactively develop a broad-based understanding of trade spending within the CPG industry, and the challenges that go along with effectively managing it. To be successful in this position, he or she will also enjoy travel, networking and relationship-building to promote the Adesso brand. This field experience, along with internal priorities will need to be translated into effective messaging to current clients and ‘not yet’ (prospective) clients. There is tremendous long-term opportunity for growth here.
Join us, and be part of something personally and professionally rewarding!
Job Title: Marketing Associate
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Location: Headquarter Office-Based, Rolling Meadows, IL
How to Apply:
- Apply online at http://www.adessosolutions.com/category/job-postings/
- Contact a Senior Executive at Adesso.
Adesso Solutions partners with US small and midsized Consumer Packaged Goods (SMB CPG) companies to provide Trade Promotion Effectiveness (TPE) solutions through an industry-leading, standard Trade Promotion Management (TPM) system, unique supporting services, and an ongoing community approach. These systems and services continue to expand, based on industry changes and client input. Our solutions help manufacturers manage trade spending to make better business decisions and to improve the payment reconciliation process from retailers and distributors – a long-term industry issue. This represents a huge unmet need and growth area, and our approach is unique to the industry. We’re passionate about doing whatever it takes to drive our clients’ trade promotion improvements and successes over the short- and long-term. We are results-oriented, critical thinkers with a disciplined focus on achieving business objectives. We have experienced significant growth over the recent years in the SMB segment and our business plan expects this continued and expanded growth to continue and accelerate.
Adesso is also a small team, where everyone is expected to contribute to our clients (and ‘not yet’ clients’ success – this is not a corporation with an ability to hide. Training will be ‘on the job’ for the most part, so the expectation of a ‘roomful of manuals’ should not be expected.
However, a key focus and differentiator of Adesso is our ability to ‘help our clients relax. We work hard to make it fun – yes, that is a pink flamingo in the logo and the name of our core product. In addition, our product releases are named after beaches and our office has a unique flavor. As a result, virtually all of our clients are highly reference-able, and most are very vocal in supporting us. Hard work and focus goes a long way.
We are totally North American based.
This position will be accountable to assist in the development and setting of specific objectives, strategies and tactics for individual projects and campaigns, to drive and assist in presentation development – internally and externally, and to address other opportunities as needed.
Trade shows, sales contacts, client meetings among other areas are also part of the position, so travel is a requirement – some on shorter notice. As this is an entry-level position, there will also be some level of administration, follow-up and other basic duties involved – however, in a small company, these are part of everyone’s position.
The successful candidate will be intelligent, logical, focused, manages by objectives and a sponge for knowledge. Also, have a total command of technology, including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), and the ability to learn/utilize CRM (i.e. Salesforce.com), webinar and other solutions. This is a must for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop objectives, strategies and plans for daily and weekly activities, to include owning execution of many of them, following up for approvals, and managing to completion by the due date.
- Preparation, proofing, editing of presentations, spreadsheets and other documents.
- Attendance in meetings/conference calls with ownership of detailed note-taking/recapping.
- Manage and follow up on Adesso team calendar and action item lists.
- Ongoing and regular research and reporting on competitive activity.
- Ongoing updating of reports, such as pipeline, solution release progress, marketing reports, etc.
- Social media research, interaction and leadership in identifying opportunities – then execute said opportunities.
- Prepare office for client visits, trainings, etc.
- Take photos, assist with client testimonials at conference, meetings, trainings, etc. for marketing use.
- Responsible for sales premiums inventory, re-ordering, and preparation for sales meetings and conferences.
- com management and reporting.
- Coordinate logistics for major client conferences (such as the annual spring Client Conference in Disney and the 2-day fall conference in our HQ office).
- Develop action plans and execute other conferences/seminars as needed.
- Represent Adesso at external trade shows, conventions, networking events, and similar.
- Execute industry trade shows, to include lead generation & industry learning. (Examples: Summer Fancy Food Show in NYC, Winter Fancy Food Show in San Francisco, Expo East in Baltimore and Expo West in Anaheim – all include weekend time).
- Perform requested clerical and administrative duties as needed by management.
- Education: 4-year college degree in Marketing, Communication, English, Business, Sales, or related area.
- Experience: Marketing/Business Development experience desirable. CPG industry experience desirable.
- Regular travel initially, which could develop into frequent travel and attendance at trade shows and conferences, usually to nice destinations, sometimes encroaching on weekends.
- High comfort-level with technology.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Hard working, self-motivated, do-what-it-takes candidate that is extremely organized, has great attention to detail, and a proven ability to work effectively and independently.
- Outgoing and high-energy, dynamic and enthusiastic personality, with high comfort level approaching people, working with local and remote team members, as well as communicating professionally via phone and email.
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent writing/proofing, as well as spreadsheet and presentation development skills, detailed and timely recapping ability of meetings, prospect conversations, and attended events.
- High comfort with social media from a professional, business perspective.
- Familiar with trade promotion management solutions, or with trade promotions and deductions from distributors and retailers. Or, have a driven, proactive attitude for learning through research, store checks, meeting attendance, trade shows, etc.
- Some experience with CRM (i.e. Salesforce.com), email marketing solutions (Constant Contact or similar), and experience with social media platforms for business purposes.
- Ability to set detailed daily, weekly and long-term objectives, as well as manage and report on these by targeted due dates.
- Competitive base salary and lucrative incentive plan based on company performance (everyone is on the same plan).
- Excellent Health Benefits (BCBS PPO), matching 401K, along with other core benefits.
- Other unique benefits.
Please fill out the application and upload your resume below. We look forward to meeting you!