Sales Manager | Trade Promotion Effectiveness (TPE) Solutions | Natural-Specialty Foods | Remote
Reports to: President & CEO
Location: West Coast or Northeastern US; where Natural companies are located
How to Apply: Apply by submitting the below form.
Adesso Solutions partners with US small and midsized CPG companies to provide Trade Promotion Effectiveness solutions through unique systems, services & an ongoing community approach. We’re passionate about doing whatever it takes to drive our clients’ trade promotion improvements & successes over the short- and long-term. We are results-oriented, critical thinkers with a disciplined focus on achieving business objectives.
2017 is a year of significant planned growth, and we are seeking a driven and results-oriented sales professional who understands the unique challenges CPG manufacturers face in tracking, managing and optimizing their trade spending.
This role is specific to the Natural-Specialty Foods segment and requires a deep understanding thereof. The successful candidate will also understand the processes related to effectively managing trade spending and be able to articulate to small & midsized CPG manufacturers the tangible and immediate benefits of Adesso’s truly unique Trade Promotion Effectiveness (TPE) solution. Join us and be a part of something great!
The Sales Manager will ultimately be responsible for building relationships with qualified prospects and advancing them through the sales process, leading to client acquisition and long-term contractual relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive new recurring revenue through new client acquisition.
- Develop a thorough understanding of each prospect, particularly of their chief concerns and pain points as pertains to trade spending.
- Understand and articulate:
- how the Adesso TPE Solution has addressed many of the common industry challenges
- the quantifiable benefits of the Adesso TPE Solution to the prospect organization
- The ability to penetrate into the senior management levels of the prospects’ sales & finance organizations.
- Build trust, leveraging Adesso’s reputation as Trade Promotions Experts.
- Prepare compelling and individualized sales presentations and assist with proposal development, progressing prospects through to client acquisition and long-term contractual relationships.
- Keep current on the sales support activities.
- Maintain accurate org charts at each prospect, as well as keep lead and prospect database current.
- Maintain up-to-date pipeline and won/lost reports.
- Work with the Marketing team, providing input into educational materials and other supporting collateral needed for effective sales campaigns.
- Minimum experience: 3 years CPG specific to the Natural-Specialty Food Industry; experience to include detailed knowledge of trade spending practices; some direct experience preferred, either with a CPG manufacturer, distributor, retailer or broker/sales agency
- Proven results orientation with direct achievement of sales targets, revenue targets & sales success
- Education: 4-year college degree required.
- Travel: Must be willing to travel frequently to prospects, meetings, trade shows, etc. and to Adesso’s headquarters in Rolling Meadows, IL. 50%+
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- The ability to close new business opportunities.
- Hard working, self-motivated, do-what-it-takes candidate that is organized, has great attention to detail, and a proven ability to work effectively and independently from home office.
- Thorough understanding of the consumer packaged goods industry, either from manufacturer or broker/sales agency perspective.
- Familiar with trade promotion management solutions, or with trade promotions and deductions from distributors and retailers.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
- Excellent presentation development skills.
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft office.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com a plus.
- Competitive base salary and incentive plan based on performance.
- Health Benefits, vacation and 401K.
- Travel reimbursement, home office, and business related expenses are also provided.
Adesso Solutions is a leader in delivering Trade Promotion Effectiveness for small and medium sized Consumer Packaged Goods manufacturers. Adesso leverages its long history and deep expertise in the industry and a unique suite of solutions, including a TPE community for client collaboration, an all-encompassing TPM (Trade Promotion Management) system on a cloud-based SaaS common platform (.Net), and unique consultative services to maximize the trade promotion effectiveness for the whole client community.
Our Vision: To be the leading, most respected & most recognized resource in the area of trade spending management & effectiveness for small to midsize CPG manufacturers based on our clients’ outstanding results & experience.
Our Mission: To measurably, progressively, and systematically improve our clients’ trade promotion effectiveness over the short and long term, through solutions, consulting, community & fun.
Our Core Values:
- Above all, in every situation, we do whatever it takes.
- We are passionate about our clients’ successes through our expertise, our deep embedded relationships and our fun approach.
- Our total company focus is on sales, marketing & client exuberance to drive our mission and vision.
- We are results oriented with a disciplined focus on objective achievement from inception to completion.
- We are critical, highly analytical, creative & innovative thinkers who drive improved decision making.
- We are ethical beyond reproach.
Please fill out the application and upload your resume below. We look forward to meeting you!