Business Development Manager | Remote | Northeastern US
Reports to: President & CEO
Location: Northeastern US
How to Apply: Apply by submitting the form below.
Adesso Solutions partners with US small and midsized CPG companies to provide Trade Promotion Effectiveness solutions through an all-encompassing TPM system, unique services, and an ongoing community approach. We’re passionate about doing whatever it takes to drive our clients’ trade promotion improvements and successes over the short- and long-term. We are results-oriented, critical thinkers with a disciplined focus on achieving business objectives.
We have significant planned growth, and we are seeking a driven, energetic and results-oriented Business Development professional to join our Sales & Marketing Team. The selected candidate will need to possess or develop a broad-based understanding of trade spending within the CPG industry, and the challenges that go along with effectively managing it. To be successful in this position, he or she will also enjoy travel, networking and relationship-building to promote the Adesso brand. There is tremendous long-term opportunity for growth here. Join us, and be part of something great!
The Business Development candidate will ultimately be responsible for developing a pipeline of qualified prospects as input to Adesso’s business development process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute Business Development plan to achieve assigned objectives.
- Represent Adesso at external trade shows, conventions, networking events, and similar.
- Progress leads from the interest stage through qualification.
- Follow up on incoming calls and sales inquiries, pinpoint the prospect’s needs and follow up appropriately.
- “Own” our trade shows and external conventions, including planning and execution. Initiate and develop strong relationships within prospect organizations.
- “Own” responsibility of recording, updating, and reporting upon all business development information and activity in Salesforce.
- Leverage market research and other innovative & creative approaches to identify, develop and qualify new prospects that will complement our existing CPG client roster.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of client trade management issues and objectives and the ability to address common objections.
- Interact with a broad set of constituents and demonstrate great presentation/communication skills, both over the phone and in person.
- “Own” ongoing and regular research and reporting on competitive research.
- Education: 4-year college degree in Business, Sales, or related area required.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years in the CPG industry; Marketing/Business Development experience desirable.
- Enthusiastic about frequent travel, both to Adesso HQ office, as well as regular attendance at trade shows and conferences, usually to nice destinations, sometimes encroaching on weekends.
- High comfort-level with technology.
To perform the job successfully, the candidate should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Hard working, self-motivated, do-what-it-takes candidate that is extremely organized, has great attention to detail, and a proven ability to work effectively and independently.
- High energy & dynamic online presence.
- Familiar with trade promotion management solutions, or with trade promotions and deductions from distributors and retailers.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality, with high comfort level approaching people at trade events, as well as via phone and email.
- Excellent writing/proofing, as well as spreadsheet and presentation development skills, detailed & timely recapping ability of meetings, prospect conversations, and attended events.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, email marketing solutions (Constant Contact or similar), and experience with social media platforms for business purposes.
- Ability to set detailed weekly and long-term objectives, as well as manage and report on these by targeted due dates.
- Competitive base salary and incentive plan based on performance.
- Health Benefits, vacation and 401K.
- Travel reimbursement, home office, and business related expenses are also provided.