Business Development & Lead Generation
We are seeking a driven, energetic & results-oriented Business Development / Lead Generation professional (entry-level, 2-5 years experience) to join our Sales & Marketing Team. The selected candidate will need to possess or develop a broad-based understanding of trade spending within the Consumer Packaged Goods industry, and the challenges that go along with effectively managing it. To be successful in this position, he or she will also enjoy travel, networking and relationship-building to promote the Adesso brand. There is tremendous long-term opportunity for growth here. Join us, and be part of something great!
Job Title: Business Development & Lead Generation
Reports to: Sales & Marketing
Location: Remote; Northeastern US
How to Apply:
- Apply online below.
- Contact a Senior Executive at Adesso.
Adesso Solutions partners with North American small and midsized Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) companies to provide Trade Promotion Effectiveness (TPE) solutions through an industry-leading, standard Trade Promotion Management (TPM) system, unique supporting services, and an ongoing community approach. These systems and services continue to expand, based on industry changes and client input. Our solutions help manufacturers manage trade spending to make better business decisions and to improve the payment reconciliation process from retailers and distributors – a long-term industry issue. This represents a huge unmet need and growth area, and our approach is unique to the industry. We’re passionate about doing whatever it takes to drive our clients’ trade promotion improvements and successes over the short- and long-term. We are results-oriented, critical thinkers with a disciplined focus on achieving business objectives. We have experienced significant growth over the recent years in the SMB segment and our business plan expects this continued and expanded growth to continue and accelerate.
Adesso is also a small team, where everyone is expected to contribute to our clients (and ‘not yet’ clients’ success – this is not a corporation with an ability to hide. Training will be ‘on the job’ for the most part, so the expectation of a ‘roomful of manuals’ should not be expected.
However, a key focus and differentiator of Adesso is our ability to ‘help our clients relax. We work hard to make it fun – yes, that is a pink flamingo in the logo and the name of our core product. In addition, our product releases are named after beaches and our office has a unique flavor. As a result, virtually all of our clients are highly reference-able, and most are very vocal in supporting us. Hard work and focus goes a long way.
The Business Development candidate will ultimately be responsible for developing and cultivating our pipeline of qualified prospects as input to Adesso’s business development process.
This position will be accountable to assist in the development and setting of specific objectives, strategies and tactics for individual projects and campaigns, to drive and assist in presentation development – internally and externally, and to address other opportunities as needed.
Trade shows, sales contacts, client meetings among other areas are also part of the position, so travel is a requirement – some on shorter notice.
The successful candidate will be intelligent, logical, focused, manages by objectives and a sponge for knowledge. Also, have a total command of technology, including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), and the ability to learn/utilize CRM (i.e. Salesforce.com), webinar and other solutions. This is a must for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage by Objectives
- Execute Business Development plan to achieve assigned objectives & Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Develop objectives, strategies and plans for daily and weekly activities, to include owning execution of many of them, following up for approvals, and managing to completion by the due date.
- “Own” and represent Adesso at industry trade shows and external conventions, including planning and execution, to initiate and develop strong relationships within prospect organizations, and for lead generation and industry learning. (Examples include: Summer Fancy Food Show in NYC, Winter Fancy Food Show in San Francisco, Expo East in Baltimore, and Expo West in Anaheim – all include weekend time).
- Progress leads from the interest stage through qualification.
- Follow up on incoming calls and sales inquiries, pinpoint the prospect’s needs and follow up appropriately.
- “Own” responsibility of recording, updating, and reporting upon all business development information and activity in Salesforce and reports such as pipeline, marketing reports, etc.
- Preparation, proofing, editing of presentations, spreadsheets, RFP’s and other documents.
- Marketing Research
- Leverage market research and other innovative & creative approaches to identify, develop and qualify new prospects that will complement our existing CPG client roster.
- “Own” ongoing and regular research and reporting on competitive research.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of client trade management issues and objectives and the ability to address common objections.
- Client & Prospective Client Interaction
- Interact with a broad set of constituents and demonstrate great presentation/communication skills, both over the phone and in person.
- Education: 4-year college degree in Business, Sales, or related area required.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years in the CPG industry; Marketing/Business Development experience desirable.
- Enthusiastic about frequent travel, both to Adesso HQ office, as well as regular attendance at trade shows and conferences, usually to nice destinations, sometimes encroaching on weekends.
- High comfort-level with technology.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Hard working, self-motivated, do-what-it-takes candidate that is extremely organized, has great attention to detail, and a proven ability to work effectively and independently.
- Outgoing and high-energy, dynamic and enthusiastic personality, with high comfort level approaching people, working with local and remote team members, as well as communicating professionally via phone and email.
- Familiar with trade promotion management solutions, or with trade promotions and deductions from distributors and retailers. And, have a driven, proactive attitude for ongoing learning through research, store checks, meeting attendance, trade shows, etc.
- Excellent writing/proofing, as well as spreadsheet and presentation development skills, detailed & timely recapping ability of meetings, prospect conversations, and attended events.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, email marketing solutions (Constant Contact or similar), and experience with social media platforms for business purposes.
- Ability to set detailed daily, weekly and long-term objectives, as well as manage and report on these by targeted due dates.
- Competitive base salary and lucrative incentive plan based on company performance (everyone is on the same plan).
- Excellent Health Benefits (BCBS PPO), matching 401K, along with other core benefits.
- Other unique benefits.
- Travel reimbursement, home office, and business related expenses are also provided.
Please fill out the application and upload your resume below. We look forward to meeting you!