Business Development Manager | Remote | Northeastern US
Reports to: President & CEO
Location: Northeastern US
How to Apply: Apply by submitting the form below.
Adesso Solutions partners with US small and midsized CPG companies to provide Trade Promotion Effectiveness solutions through unique systems, services & an ongoing community approach. We’re passionate about doing whatever it takes to drive our clients’ trade promotion improvements & successes over the short- and long-term. We are results-oriented, critical thinkers with a disciplined focus on achieving business objectives.
2017 is a year of significant planned growth, and we are seeking a driven and results-oriented Business Development professional to join our Sales & Marketing Team. The selected candidate will need to possess or develop a broad-based understanding of trade spending within the CPG industry and the challenges that go along with effectively managing it. He or she will also enjoy travel, networking and relationship-building to promote the Adesso brand. There is tremendous long-term opportunity for growth here. Join us and be a part of something great!
The Business Development resource will ultimately be responsible for developing a pipeline of qualified prospects as input to Adesso’s business development process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute Business Development plan to achieve assigned objectives.
- Represent Adesso at conferences, conventions, networking events, and similar.
- Progress leads from the interest stage through qualification.
- Follow up on incoming calls and sales inquiries, pinpoint the prospect’s needs and follow up appropriately.
- “Own” our trade shows and conferences. Initiate and develop strong relationships within prospect organizations.
- Record and update information in Salesforce.
- Leverage market research and other innovative & creative approaches to identify, develop and qualify new prospects that will complement our existing CPG client roster.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of client trade management issues and objectives and the ability to address common objections.
- Interact with a broad set of constituents and demonstrate great presentation/communication skills, both over the phone and in person.
- Minimum 2 years CPG experience. Business Development experience desirable.
- Education: 4-year college degree in Business, Sales, or related area required.
- Enthusiastic about travel. Regular attendance at trade shows and conferences, usually to nice destinations, sometimes encroaching on weekends.
- High comfort-level with technology.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Hard working, self-motivated, do-what-it-takes candidate that is organized, has great attention to detail, and a proven ability to work effectively and independently.High energy, & dynamic online presence
- Familiar with trade promotion management solutions, or with trade promotions and deductions from distributors and retailers.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
- Excellent writing/proofing, as well as presentation and presentation development skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Competitive base salary and incentive plan based on performance.
- Health Benefits, vacation and 401K.
- Travel reimbursement, home office, and business related expenses are also provided.